Friday, July 31, 2015

3 Games with Lots of Potential that were Abandoned

3. Cube World


http://www.game-sphere.fr/wp-content/uploads/Cube-World-Multi.jpg

I had first seen Cube World very recently after it came out. I never got the game but probably would have if it was never abandoned. Cube World cannot even be bought anymore. The last update was in July of 2013. It was very popular for a little while and then the game just died. Very disappointing as it seemed like an interesting and comical RPG. There are rumors another update is being made for this year, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. It was pretty much an RPG version of Minecraft with actual potential. I do not believe there was any building in the game when updates for it ended, but building was planned.

2. The Stomping Land


http://i.ytimg.com/vi/tLvJSM0R920/maxresdefault.jpg

I never really got to try this game because I discovered it after it had already been abandoned. It was pretty much the ARK: Survival Evolved before there was an ARK: Survival Evolved. According to the official wiki, the game had a Gallimimus, Stygimoloch, Styracosaurus (one of my favorites!), Ankylosaurus, Carnotaurus (one of my favorites!), and Puertasaurus. There was also a Psittacosaurus, Prestosuchus, Austroraptor, Parahelicoprion (one of my favorites!), Quetzalcoatlus (one of my favorites!), Tyrannosaurus Rex, Therizinosaurus (one of my favorites!), and Titanoboa (one of my favorites!) planned. All of the dinosaurs that made it into the game can be tamed and can be used as a mount, except for Puertasaurus. You can still buy the game if you want to, but I think it's a wiser choice to choose ARK as the developer of The Stomping Land abandoned the game and was only doing it for the money. The same person who made the models for some of these has sold them (before anyone says anything, no, he/she is not breaking the law and he/she is allowed to do this) to the creators of another dinosaur game in development (which has a free tech demo!) called The Isle. The Isle's tech demo currently has the Tyrannosaurus Rex, Gallimimus, Puertasaurus(?), and an Austroraptor which you can all play as (along with playing as humans)

1. Spore

http://orig03.deviantart.net/3331/f/2008/176/c/d/spore_creature___moohair_by_tonka09.jpg

Of course my favorite game is mentioned. Spore is the ultimate sandbox game in which you can create the universe of your dreams. That moose-alien thing above was made by a player. You can build amazing creations, especially when you use mods. Honestly, it bugs me very much when people talk about how Minecraft is the "best sandbox game ever"; it's just really annoying when most of those people probably have never tried Spore in which you can do more than you ever can in Minecraft. This is coming from a former player of Minecraft who was a big fan for about 2 years. It's not as good as Spore for letting your imagination go wild. Also, Spore hasn't been entirely abandoned. The last Spore-related news was in February of 2011 and then there was nothing until Februay 2015 in which maintenance returned. I still counted it because the last Spore-related new content stuff was a spin-off game titled Darkspore that was released in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment